Who We Are
- Founded in 1981, we are a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization
- Alpha House of Tampa provides homeless pregnant women and mothers with young children safe housing and the things necessary in becoming self-sufficient, responsible parents.
- We offer a temporary and safe to stay. We also help with employment, housing, as well as talking about the underlying problems that contributed to homelessness.
- We give strength, hope, and vision for a better life.
- We are thankful to our bighearted funders and community partners who make it possible to accomplish our goal.
Program Description: Alpha House of Tampa is a wide-ranging residential program assisting around 100 homeless pregnant and parenting women, as well as their children, every year in and their infants and children each year in 39 units of emergency shelter.
Mothers and pregnant women and mothers who are homeless or in danger of being homelessness are given safe housing and an assortment of support services while staying in the emergency shelter. Every mother partners with her case manager to link to community resources, create a plan to get permanent housing, get counseling, partake in healthy child development programs and parenting classes, and take advantage of employment and education opportunities. The campus is staffed 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Program Services: Alpha House of Tampa offer topnotch services established in a client-centered model and crafted to fulfil our mission goals:
- Healthy births
- Increase each child’s developmental ability
- Improve the mother’s capability in becoming and staying employed
- Getting safe housing upon departing the program
Alpha House Academy
Alpha House Academy concentrates on life skills to aid in supporting mothers and their children. Classes given by Alpha House staff and partner agencies are job readiness, childbirth preparation, literacy, health, housing, self-esteem, and parenting.
Every mother and child deserves to life a fulfilled and safe life.